CompTIA is proud to offer you high quality study materials that are based more than 20 years of experience in helping learners successfully prepare for certification exams.
The Security+ Certification Study Guide will teach you the fundamental principles of installing and configuring cybersecurity controls and participating in incident response and risk mitigation. It will prepare you to take the CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 exam by providing 100% coverage of the objectives and content examples listed on the syllabus.
After reading the text, you will be able to:
- Identify strategies developed by cyber adversaries to attack networks and hosts and the countermeasures deployed to defend them.
- Understand the principles of organizational security and the elements of effective security policies.
- Know the technologies and uses of cryptographic standards and products.
- Install and configure network- and host-based security technologies.
- Describe how wireless and remote access security is enforced.
- Describe the standards and products used to enforce security on web and communications technologies.
- Identify strategies for ensuring business continuity, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery.
- Summarize application and coding vulnerabilities and identify development and deployment methods designed to mitigate them.
To get the most out of the CompTIA Security+ Study Guide and be able to prepare for your exam you should have successfully passed the CompTIA Network+ certification exam and have acquired 24 months of experience in networking support and IT administration. We also recommend the following skills and knowledge before starting this course:
- Use a keyboard and mouse.
- Know the function and basic features of PC components.
- Able to use Windows to create and manage files and use basic administrative features (Explorer, Control Panel and Management Consoles).
- Know basic network terminology and functions (such as OSI Model, topology, Ethernet, TCP/IP, switches and routers).
- Understand TCP/IP addressing, core protocols and troubleshooting tools.
Threats, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities
- Indicators of Compromise
- Critical Security Controls
- Security Posture Assessment Tools
- Incident Response
Identity and Access Management
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Identification and Authentication
- Identity and Access Services
- Account Management
Architecture and Design (1)
- Secure Network Design
- Firewalls and Load Balancers
- IDS and SIEM
- Secure Wireless Access
- Physical Security Controls
Architecture and Design (2)
- Secure Protocols and Services
- Secure Remote Access
- Secure Systems Design
- Secure Mobile Device Services
- Secure Virtualization and Cloud Services
- Disaster Recovery and Resiliency
- Risk Management
- Secure Application Development
- Organizational Security